Hi Tony Centeno,
- Please introduce yourself in a few words, tell us who you are and where you come from. How and why did you become a graphic designer?
Hi all! My name is Tony Centeno and I am a Spanish illustrator and graphic designer who lives in Madrid. For me, drawing was always a hobby, until I lost my old job (worked in construction as a carpenter) and then I decided to turn my hobby into my profession. Since that day I have tried to learn how to improve my concepts and designs.
- How did you conceive your design “Mr Doodles Inc” and how did you get the idea? What inspired you and what is the story behind it?
“Mr. Doodles Inc.” is the brainchild of my good friend https://www.facebook.com/ibyes AKA Ibyes. It all started with an idea that Ian threw me to do a collab together. Since then we started working on this concept, adding both design ideas, taking care of every detail and trying to do the best job possible. Finally, after many hours of work, “Mr. Doodles Inc” was born.
- Do you have a tattoo? Do you like tattoos?
Yes! I love tattoos. If I had more money and less domestic obligations, my body would be decorated with more ink. Currently I have two tattoos, one on my leg in Chinese kanji, with the name of my wife, and another on my arm in Elvish letters with the name of my son.
- How long have you known laFraise and how did you find us?
Actually the first time I heard about laFraise was in early 2011, shortly after I signed up and started submitting my first designs.
- If you would recommend us, what would you say?
Designers say it’s a great place, where everyone shows respect for the community and there’s good atmosphere among designers. From the perspective of a customer, the shirts are great, both the design and printing on textiles
- Do you have hobbies other than drawing? What are they?
I have many hobbies but little time to enjoy them. What I like most is watching movies, reading and music. I also play video games with my son, but less than we would like. I also love painting warhammer figures.
- What are your expectations for this year and the one to come?
This year I hope to have more success than in 2012, which wasn’t as successful as I would have liked. So here this year I will redouble my efforts to keep bringing good stuff.
- Could you please draw us your interpretation of strawberries with Chantilly cream? Thanks for the interview and the drawing!
Here I leave my interpretation. Thank you very much to all the staff for giving me the honour of this interview, and laFraise community, both designers and users, and wish you all well in 2013!
Thank you very much Nathalie! :D
All the best,
Become a fan on Facebook
Visit his website