1st place € 1,500 + 3-day-tickets for the festival
2nd place Solidarité Sida is allowed to use your design for its purposes + two festival tickets
3rd place Solidarité Sida is allowed to use your design for its purposes + two festival tickets
Solidays is the pinnacle of the annual Solidarité Sida festival in France. It is an association designed to spread awareness
for Aids amongst young people. Every year the festival attracts some 160,000 spectators at the racecourse of Longchamp.
A host of events including animations, exhibitions, bungee jumping etc. as well as actions for Aids prevention will be held
on 5 stages for a total of 3 days. More than 200 artists, some 100 societies and associations as well as over 1,000 voluntary workers all take part in creating a truly memorable event.
This is all centred around a simple humanitarian idea – collect money to help anti-Aids campaigns all over the world. In doing so, Solidays managed to collect a total of €1.5 million. This is made possible by e.g. selling t-shirts and other goodies that have been created and produced by Solidarité Sida. To create the designs for the collection, quite a number of graphic designers are involved each year.
The Solidays are a trademark for music, prevention on youth. And of course solidarity, fun… and more. For a lot of young people and their friends, Solidays is the first of many events that they do not want to miss as it conveys quite a unique holiday-feeling. The motto ‘In Love We Trust’ will also ring true this year.
And Love is always written in capitals – whether it is Love for a single person (regardless of sexual orientation) or Love for people in general (expressed by solidarity, openness, tolerance). After all, Solidarité Sida is devoted to fight a dangerous disease. It is about bringing people together, to make people show solidarity, and to fight clishées and break with taboos.
The Solidays are ideally suited to make young people and those who are still young at heart exchange ideas on those many beautiful as well as dangerous sides of Love. At the forefront you will always find joy and togetherness, Love and music.
Here you can discover the esprit that is Solidays: http://www.solidays.org
- create your own design for this year’s motto ‘In Love We Trust’, but you shouldn’t use necessarily the motto itself. It should not be specific to a particular sexual orientation and have a somewhat general nature, so that it can also be used for future events.
- the design should mainly be usable for textile print (on t-shirts, bags, bibs). Further use will not be excluded (i.e. for goodies).
T-shirts containing a message have been well received in recent years.
- without reference to any event or year
- a graphic design and/or a graphic illustration of a message for the Solidays t-shirt ‘In Love We Trust’.
- 12 colours max.
- you may use Solidarité Sida’s logo
- tags: festival, activating, love, colour, music, tolarance, pizzazz, oomph, fight, rock’n’roll, trendy, fun, togetherness, solidarity, support, party, differences, dancing, concert, cheeky, wicked, humour, encounter, high
The contest begins on 8 April at 3:30 pm and you can submit until 22 April at 3:30 pm. Voting ends a week later on 29 April at 3:30 pm.
You want music, fun and Love? Then come join us at the racecourse in Longchamps from 28-30 June 2013!