- Please introduce yourself in a few words, tell us who you are and where you come from. How and why did you become a graphic designer?
My Name is Aaron Jay working under the name Randyotter and I come from Southampton England. I have always loved drawing since I was a little boy at age seven I decided I would go to university to study animation, I actually ended up studying illustration but I still followed the same goal of drawing for a living. I graduated university and have been working as a freelance illustrator ever since.
- How did you conceive your design “Otter meditation” and how did you get the idea? What inspired you and what is the story behind it?
I usually spend a lot of time trying to think of new ideas, usually more time than I spend drawing them however otter meditation was an exception, this was a day where I just decided to draw weird detailed things without thinking too much about the concept or what I wanted to achieve as a final product .
- Your designs are very simple, efficient and have a simple approach of humour? Do you do it on purpose or is it wanted because you think it catches the attention more?
I try and simplify my ideas so that people from anywhere in the world can understand the idea, usually my best concepts are ones which anyone can understand regardless of what language they speak or what culture they are from so that is my general goal when I brainstorm ideas for an illustration.
- How long have you known laFraise and how did you find us
I have know of La fraise since about 2009 when I was looking for other sites to get my designs printed however I did not submit for a long time as my work seems to do quite badly here, I eventually earned my first win however I have not really been very successful since then so I will probably be leaving to find other sites quite soon.
- If you would recommend us, what would you say?
If you have a style that La fraise customers like you can be very successful so try them out!
- Do you have hobbies other than drawing? What are they?
Apart from drawing I play computer games but really I spend most of my time drawing or just watching tv, most of the things I do to have fun tend to link back to drawing or work.
- What are your expectations for this year and the one to come?
For the year to come I am planning to expand my body of work into different media and to try and gain a larger following as I try to do every year, I have been looking into traditional animation and working on another book project to keep me busy.
- Could you please draw us your interpretation of strawberries with Chantilly cream? Thanks for the interview and the drawing!
Visit his website
Become a fan on Facebook